Bought to you by PUB19 The 2019 PUBcast explores the challenges and opportunities facing publicans today.
We’ll be looking beyond the headlines at the trends shaping today’s market and with our guests be discussing food, drink, design, technology, and even a little bit of that something extra!
Presented by Emma Inch, The 2019 PUBcast is your chance to quickly explore some of the biggest trends in the world of pubs and get a flavour of what to expect at PUB19. Here we’re kicking it off by discussing: What makes a good pub food offering?
People’s spend on food out-of-home is rising – the UK spent £49bn last year and that’s expected to increase for 2019 – and there’s a huge opportunity for pubs to cash in. However, whilst pub grub is still popular, consumer demand is changing and whatever your food offering, there are certain key considerations that every pub landlord has to bear in mind!
Touching on everything from the importance of steak and chips, to the fully vegetarian pub, this episode features:
- Joycelyn Neve – founder and director of the Seafood Pub Company.
- Geetie Singh-Watson – founder of the UK’s first, and only, organic pub The Duke of Cambridge.
- Pete Brown – food and drink writer and Chair of the British Guild of Beer Writers.
- Lee Cash – founder of Peach Pubs.
- Lucy Gaskin – food marketing manager at Fuller, Smith & Turner
Oh, and there’s even a brief reference from Orwell!